“I plan to live forever, so far, so good.”
– Steven Wright –
If any of you have been reading my newsletters for a while, I think you will agree that I do not try to reinvent the wheel. After all, plagiarism is the ultimate compliment. The following is from an article entitled “50 Important Habits Linked to a Longer Life” which was published in BestLIFE. So here we go.
- Owning a pet.
- Having a big breakfast.
- Eating on brightly colored plates.
- Cooking more at home.
Now that I think about it, my dogs eat more at home than I do.
- Gathering for routine family meals.
- Limiting your cruciferous vegetables.
- Eating more lean meats.
- Focusing on positive memories.
- Being more positive in general.
- Keeping up with your education.
- Focusing on your spirituality.
- Taking long, warm baths.
- Taking cold showers.
- Not sitting for too long at a time.
- Taking the stairs.
- Consuming fiber rich foods.
- Snacking on raw vegetables.
- Working out regularly.
- Weight training.
- Eating a lot of fish.
- Drinking cherry juice before bed.
- Taking short naps.
- Getting just enough sleep.
- Sleeping with the window open.
- Being a morning person.
- Hanging out with friends and family.
- Making friends at work.
- Drinking green tea.
- Going on vacation.
- Meditating every day.
- Dressing your salads in olive oil.
- Keeping healthy snacks on hand.
- Drinking coffee in moderation.
- Drinking apple juice.
- Brushing and flossing.
- Going for bike rides.
- Drinking – in moderation.
I wonder if the person who wrote this article had a lot of time on their hands?